As 2008 rapidly approaches, I reflect on the year that is almost over. 2007 was a busy year full of academic and work accomplishments, traveling, and adventures with close friends. I can excitedly say that I achieved all that I had hoped to. Creating a list of resolutions helped me attain all of the goals that I set for myself annually. Here are some internship related goals I set for myself that made me become a successful intern.
Here's to a happy, prosperous, internship filled new year!
Here is a list of resolutions for 2008:
- Thank bosses, mentors, teachers or individuals who positively influenced you in the workplace or who helped you find an internship
- Contact your fellow interns, mentors and bosses to say "Happy New Year" and update them on your whereabouts
- Update your resume (add new internships, personal interests, tailor the colors and font to match that of the employer you are sending it to)
- Modify your cover letter (mention new accomplishments, make it coincide with the industry and employer you are sending it to)
- Gather writing examples, recommendation letters, and examples of other accomplishments to send/bring to a potential employer
- Search for your next internship (check the web, talk to former employers, friends and professors, visit your school's career center)
- Practice interviewing with a friend, professor or career counselor
- Read one blog that corresponds with your personal interests and another that is related to your industry
- Do something nice for someone everyday!